Shepherding is not a system of checking the boxes, going through the required motions.
- It is the step-by-step process of developing trust.
- It is the day-by-day walking alongside.
- It is the gradual blossoming of mutual respect.
- It is the accumulated results of persistent showing up.
- It is a growing love relationship.
- It is organic, personal, and relational.
It is all of these things and more – but shepherding is not a program.
It cannot be mandated or implemented by fiat. Having it on paper does not equal having it in reality.
It is not a program – it is a process.
It is a process that originates in the heart of the Great Shepherd and is lived out by his people.